Monday, April 6, 2009

Twig Among Pines


Here's our dog, Twiggy, among the pine trees in the back yard.

We rescued Twiggy when she appeared on the street in front of our old place in Jonesville, fur matted with leaves and twigs (hence, her name). We tried and tried to find her owner, with no luck, so we adopted her. I wasn't really wanting to be a dog mom at the time, but she is a sweet soul and we've had her for so long now I don't know what we'd do without her.

Based on a hint from my friend Kathi, I searched on the web for other canines like her and think I have finally identified her mix: part cocker spaniel, part Portuguese water dog (are you listening, Obamas?).

I have another picture of Twiggy with a large orb above her head that I will post a bit later, when I can find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment