Friday, September 3, 2010

Kind, Kind Root Guru


Namo!
Kind, kind root guru,
We have long been connected through deep aspiration
You are committed to kindness; don't abandon me now!
Kind, single father: regard me with wisdom.

I am tormented by chains of karma and kleshas.
I am ignorant, stupid, and infantile.
I may be swept away by the waves of my suffering in the ocean of samsara.
Compassionate one, grasp me with the hook of your kindness.

When I embark on the path of the essence, supreme means,
My heart may be poisoned by the demon of pointless depression.
I may sink into the quicksand of distraction and laziness.
Kind one, extend the long arm of your power.

In the darkness of my obscurations' clouds,
I do not see the authentic essence, absolute truth.
I wander about, blinded by self-fixation.
One with blessing, grant me eyes of wisdom.

Your devoted child prays to you from afar.
Please hold me with great compassion.
Now, later, between, and always,
Hold me, beings' protector, supreme guru.
Beyond a moment's separation,
Grant the blessing of your mind uniting with mine.

Written by Barway Dorje at the request of a young woman named Tseyang. Virtue!

From Treasury of Eloquence: The Songs of Barway Dorje, translated by Yeshe Gyamtso, KTD Publications, 2007, p. 279.

No comments:

Post a Comment